Prepare yourself for everything.
From its founding in 1831 as an all-women's academy to its current standing as a premier liberal arts college, LaGrange continues a proud and honored academic tradition.
But what makes LaGrange truly different? What makes this four-year liberal arts and sciences institution such a standout?
It all comes down to one word. Value.
LaGrange is one of the most affordable private colleges in the Southeast, It's true. But genuine value the kind of value that prompts U.S. News & World Report, year after year, to rank LaGrange College as one of the South's top 10 comprehensive colleges and among that category's "best values" is not simply a result of fine classroom instruction. Or prime performance and athletic facilities. Or even forward-thinking administrative leadership.
No. We say that our real job here is "Transforming Lives." And we do that by equipping each student with a strong liberal arts foundation and then building-on valuable skill sets. Top employers and graduate schools choose LaGrange graduates because they know how to problem-solve and they understand teamwork.
Spend a few moments with our Web site. And discover what true educational value is all about.
- Founded: 1831; the oldest private college in Georgia
- Location: LaGrange, Georgia (pop. 30,000)approximately 65 miles SW of Atlanta
- Affiliation: The United Methodist Church
- Enrollment: Just over 1,000 students, representing 19 states and 15 countries
- Student-Faculty Ratio: 11-1;classes average 12 students
- Academic Programs: 53 academic and pre-professional programs
- The Arts: The College is renowned for its offerings in drama, music and art
- Athletics: Member of NCAA Division III in 15 athletic programs; many intramural sports
- Student Organizations: 40+ student clubs and organizations
- Financial Aid: 90% of students receive financial assistance; more than $6 million awarded annually
- Fully Accredited: LaGrange College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, bachelor's, master's, and specialist's degrees.